About the Theme
This year’s exhibition theme is titled COMMEMORATE. EDUCATE. CELEBRATE. We ask the artists to draw inspiration from the concept COMMEMORATE. EDUCATE. CELEBRATE: is an idea of drawing on our past and progress towards equality and community. Our lives are constantly affected and influenced by several social and political factors, and we are at times, forced to submit to these uncontrollable forces. Art has had the ability to revolutionize the way we not only speak and see art, but the world itself; Artists are encouraged to use their interpretation of this year’s theme to use as a platform to speak in volume.
Categories & Submissions
Artists are able to submit artwork of four different categories: Photography, painting, mixed media, and drawing Each artist may submit up to three pieces in total. Diptychs will be considered as two pieces and triptychs as three pieces; they will be submitted and juried all together.
Artwork will be selected by a panel of jurors, professionals in the specific art domains and by one member of the community. Artwork will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Originality (beyond the cliché, unique approach to subject matter, imagination)
- Technical Elements (according to the medium: cleanliness, contrast, focus, exposure, etc.)
- Composition (use of space, balance, and dynamics)
- Visual Elements (unity, rhythm, line, color/gray scale, light/chiaroscuro, etc.)
- Narrative/Content (clear message and message present)
- Evidence of Intention (correlates to theme and artist statement)
The use of any model for photography must be accompanied with a model release form and provided upon request. Models must also be 18 years or older.
Artists must submit at least one “Artist Statement” that includes inspiration for their work; please provide one for each submission if needed.