About the Theme
2019 Information COMING SOON!
Categories & Submissions
Artists are able to submit artwork of four different categories: Photography, painting, mixed media, and drawing Each artist may submit up to three pieces in total. Diptychs will be considered as two pieces and triptychs as three pieces; they will be submitted and juried all together.
Artwork will be selected by a panel of jurors, professionals in the specific art domains and by one member of the community. Artwork will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Originality (beyond the cliché, unique approach to subject matter, imagination)
- Technical Elements (according to the medium: cleanliness, contrast, focus, exposure, etc.)
- Composition (use of space, balance, and dynamics)
- Visual Elements (unity, rhythm, line, color/gray scale, light/chiaroscuro, etc.)
- Narrative/Content (clear message and message present)
- Evidence of Intention (correlates to theme and artist statement)
The use of any model for photography must be accompanied with a model release form and provided upon request. Models must also be 18 years or older.
Artists must submit at least one “Artist Statement” that includes inspiration for their work; please provide one for each submission if needed.