- This event has passed.
August 14, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The City of Bloomington will celebrate the contributions of individuals who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual transgender, queer, and “+” (other gender identities) at a summer festival.
August 14, 5 – 9 p.m.
East lawn of Civic Plaza
1800 West Old Shakopee Road
- Drag Comedy Extravaganza! Hosted by Sarah McPeck. Headliner Maggie Faris
- Drag: Victoria DeVille | Bad Karma | Harrie Bradshaw | Martina Maracaibo story hour & show | Cyrstal Belle story hour & show
- Bands: Rebel Queens
- Food Trucks: Las Cuatro Milpas | Westy’s Shako Shack | Minnesnowii Shave Ice
This is the fifth year the Human Rights Commission brought forward a proclamation to support the LGBTQ+ community. The proclamation speaks to tolerance, justice, and dignity for all and was presented by the City Council on June 7.
The Progressive Pride flag was flown from June 8 – 15 at Civic Plaza and Public Works. The flag includes black and brown stripes to represent people of color and those living with or who have been lost to AIDS. The white, light pink and blue represent nonbinary and transgender individuals. The main section of the flag includes the traditional LGBTQ+ flag colors. The new colors were added in a right-facing arrow shape to indicate forward movement.
Children’s story boards at the Bloomington Farmers Market on June 19, hosted by a community planning group. Families can read inclusive stories with their children on large, kid-sized boards.
- Bloomington residents
- Bloomington Community Outreach and Engagement Division
- Bloomington Human Rights Commission
- Bloomington Parks and Recreation Department
- Hennepin County Libraries
- Mall of America
- Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge
- Normandale Community College